The Bixby Youth Baseball instructional leagues are designed to enhance the enjoyment and learning experience of all participants. As such, we encourage sportsmanship and instructional learning over competition. We will not tolerate poor sportsmanship and/or abusive language. Coaches are also responsible for maintaining a safe environment for the kids. Coaches need to convey this information to the parents as well.
Rules as of Feb. 16, 2016
The 3-4 year old T-ball league is purely an instructional experience to introduce our youngest players to the game of baseball. The coaches officiate at these games with help from the parents, there are no umpires. The two head coaches work together to begin each game and make it an enjoyable experience while staying within the rules listed below.
3-4U T-Ball Rules
- Play is stopped by the base coaches on the field. Discretion is advised when taking extra bases.
- All teams will bat the bench. Late arrivals will be inserted as the last batter and bat every inning.
- Every batter will bat every inning. No outs will be recorded.
- Each game will be three (3) innings or one (1) hour, whichever comes first.
- Scores are not kept nor reported to the league.
- No leadoffs or base stealing.
- Two defensive coaches are allowed on the field. One coach MUST stand in the pitching circle with the defensive position player, and one can be anywhere in the field of play instructing their players.
- All players will play defense in the field.
- Regulation 9”, 5oz USSSA RIF 5 baseballs will be used.
- Bentley Pre-Game warm-ups in the outfield only. No soft toss, heavy ball, or hitting into a net inside the fence on the baseball or softball fields. Please talk to your outfielders about digging holes in the outfield. Do not allow your players to hit into the fences or climb on them.
- Any coach or parent ejected from a game must leave the complex immediately for the rest of the game. If a fan or parent is ejected then the head coach will be ejected as well. If they are ejected after a game has completed, they must sit out the next game. If a player is ejected from a game, they must return to the bench and remove their uniform top for the remainder of that game. They may return for the next game unless the ejection occurred after the game has been completed. In that case, they must sit out the next scheduled game.