Bixby Youth Baseball is sanctioned by USSSA Baseball, therefore a bat with the USABat Stamp will be allowed in our league and tournaments, as long as barrel diameter, drop weight, material specifications, etc. match the specific division’s requirements. USSSA Stamped bats will continue to be the official bat for Bixby Youth Baseball. Other leagues described below have made the switch to the USABat Stamp.
- In order to maintain the integrity of youth baseball, the USABat Standard will create wood-like performance in youth bats while allowing younger players to use light-weight bats that could not be achieved with wood bats.
- AABC, Babe Ruth / Cal Ripken, Dixie, Little League, and PONY will all be affected by the USABat rule change, but USSSA will not. Currently, USSSA Baseball will allow the use of a bat that carries the new USABat stamp (as long as barrel diameter, drop weight, material specifications, etc. match the specific division’s requirements).
- AAU will vote on whether or not to adopt the USABat Standard in the Fall.
- USABat will not have a drop weight limit.
- USA Baseball will allow the use of 2 5/8″ big barrel bats for all age levels.
BYB Approved Bat Stamps